According to STATSAccording to STATS
Boston Red Sox at Oakland Athletics
- The Red Sox have won a season-high three straight road games. Boston has hit a home run in each of its last 10 road games, the longest active streak in the major leagues.
- The Athletics completed a 1-5 road trip with a 4-0 shutout loss at the Mariners on Wednesday. It was the first time Oakland was shut out on the road since August 29, 2016 at Houston.
- Andrew Benintendi's hitless streak reached 26 at bats after taking an 0-for-5 in Wednesday's win over the Cardinals. It is the longest hitless streak of Benintendi's career and the longest by a Red Sox player since Jackie Bradley Jr. went hitless over 30 at bats from September 14, 2014 -- June 25, 2015.
- Khris Davis went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts in Wednesday's loss at the Mariners. Davis has struck out multiple times in 14 games this season, four more than any other Athletics player.
- Mexican league veteran Hector Velazquez is making his major league debut for the Red Sox on Thursday. Velazquez will be the ninth eighth different starter for the Red Sox this season, tied for third most in the American League.
- Sonny Gray is 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA in three career starts against the Red Sox. The only team Gray has a higher career ERA against is Baltimore at 5.57 (minimum 3 GS).
Notes Applicable For Series Dates: 5/18/2017 thru 5/21/2017
No preview is available for this game