Sounders sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem
European Football Headlines
- Amid rape allegation, Jordaan re-elected SAfrica soccer boss
- Future unclear for Ronaldo, Bale after Champions League win
- Mattocks, DC United get 1-1 draw with 10-man LAFC
- Armenteros scores twice, Timbers win 6th straight
- Ramirez, Ibarra help Minnesota United beat Impact 2-0
- Wonder-goal, gaffes, injuries as Madrid seals CL three-peat
- Alan Gordon scores in 82nd, Fire beats Orlando City 2-1
- Robles honored in Red Bulls' scoreless draw with Union
- Saucedo scores first goal of season, RSL tops Sounders 1-0
- Cristian Techera has hat trick, Whitecaps tie Revolution 3-3
SEATTLE (AP) The Sounders have signed Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem after a mostly quiet offseason for the club.
Seattle on Tuesday announced the signing, subject to his obtaining a U.S. work visa.
Eikrem spent the past three seasons with Malmo in Sweden's top division, winning league titles in the last seasons. Eikrem also played for the Netherlands' Heerenveen and played parts of two seasons for Cardiff.
Eikrem has 17 appearances for Norway, including six in 2014 World Cup qualifying.
Updated January 30, 2018